WHO NEEDS FEMINISM?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

JoniIcon...14-09-2012 @ 10:40 
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Tom_Martin said:
same i know a fair few women who hate feminism....

this is kind of understandable in UK with the s**tty tabloid culture of how it dumbs everything down. Its in its core about equality, so i doubt that many women (or men) would be against that, or would wish to go back to time before feminism (though in UK its just called womens rights movement after trashing of the whole feminism word).

what do you think the word means?
PAGANIcon...14-09-2012 @ 10:41 
I took about £4 out of Sooty's bottom
Member 685, 8719 posts
SQ 225, BP 150, DL 290
665.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Are you kidding , going by sales of '50 Shades Of s**te' what women want is handcuffing to the bed ( not railings)and destroying with anal beads.

Don't tell them but the problem with women is they don't f**king know what they want
Tom_MartinIcon...14-09-2012 @ 10:41 
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Joni said:
yeah but thats hardly their problem if some random idiot is so sensitive. No i am not trying to hide it here, calling you an idiot in this case.
love the thought though that the approaches and tactics should be approved by some guy Grin
It could be that making you angry is one of the aims? Maybe the best kind of feminism is where women dont really do anything, and dont make anyone really sensitive and insecure upset...

1. OUCH Tongue

2. Too bad that I'm having the time of my life laughing at all their signs.

3. Tongue in cheek

4. You used the word sensitive a lot. You seemed kind of sensitive yourself Embarassed

5. I was asked the other day if I used to train with a Finish guy and if I liked him. I said yes to both and haven't changed my mind Happy
Tom_MartinIcon...14-09-2012 @ 10:44 
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Joni said:
this is kind of understandable in UK with the s**tty tabloid culture of how it dumbs everything down. Its in its core about equality, so i doubt that many women (or men) would be against that, or would wish to go back to time before feminism (though in UK its just called womens rights movement after trashing of the whole feminism word).
what do you think the word means?

At its core I do believe in sexual equality. I just think these ladies are a bunch of nut jobs. And quite often don't want equality but superiority.
SimeonIcon...14-09-2012 @ 10:48 
tight in the hole
Member 2057, 3121 posts
SQ 205, BP 140, DL 260
605.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
Tom_Martin said:
At its core I do believe in sexual equality. I just think these ladies are a bunch of nut jobs. And quite often don't want equality but superiority.

I don't think they want superiority, I think they just want to belong to a niche.
JoniIcon...14-09-2012 @ 10:48 
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Tom_Martin said:
1. OUCH Tongue
2. Too bad that I'm having the time of my life laughing at all their signs.
3. Tongue in cheek
4. You used the word sensitive a lot. You seemed kind of sensitive yourself Embarassed
5. I was asked the other day if I used to train with a Finish guy and if I liked him. I said yes to both and haven't changed my mind Happy

no no no, some s**t you cant escape just by saying its a joke. Your points were made in seriousness, not as a joke, which is what is so disappointing.

But hey, it hardly matters what i think, so just carry on.

It doesnt change that we were almost friends outside the gym, once Happy
Tom_MartinIcon...14-09-2012 @ 10:48 
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
you would of course have to be incredibly unreasonable to NOT believe women deserve the same rights as men. I just don't see how it is going to stop war?!Confused
JoniIcon...14-09-2012 @ 10:51 
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Tom_Martin said:

ignorance. There are many approaches to feminism and gender equality. There is still a long way to go to true equality, as shown by this thread, so its good if some people rock the boat, irritate, and anger to make people talk and think (haha, a big ask i know!), and to hear different viewpoints.

I have never met a feminist who wants female gender superiority, those were left in the 70s (and their remnants) plus couple academics or authors.
Tom_MartinIcon...14-09-2012 @ 10:54 
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Joni said:
no no no, some s**t you cant escape just by saying its a joke. Your points were made in seriousness, not as a joke, which is what is so disappointing.
But hey, it hardly matters what i think, so just carry on.
It doesnt change that we were almost friends outside the gym, once Happy

Well go on, which particular serious opinions of mine are disappointing so we can be clear? The only one I said in seriousness was that I felt these type of people were holding women back, which I stand by regardless of whether male validation is necessary or not, it's an opinion not based on me being male, and is no less valid because I am male.

And anyway, what exactly is it they want, if it doesn't matter what men think? They want equality in society? Men are half of it, they can't have equality all on their own.
Tom_MartinIcon...14-09-2012 @ 11:02 
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Is it because I mentioned you in the original post? Unhappy

If I think some Muslim terrorists are nut jobs and are not portraying their religion in the best light, does that make me racist? If so well....disregard the next bit lol

Thinking a few "feminists" are nut jobs and laughing at their signs doesn't mean i don't believe in gender equality. I myself am subject to gender discrimination and have been near enough every day you know.... (not serious) (actually kind of serious)
martinbIcon...14-09-2012 @ 11:02 
Grass fed
Member 1147, 7710 posts
SQ 220, BP 185, DL 272.5
677.5 kgs @ 113kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 14.09.2012 @ 11:04 AM by martinb
Bored
VanillaGorillaIcon...14-09-2012 @ 11:03 
the UK's leading expert in bio mechanics
Member 1973, 7379 posts
There's now a 'female choice' category on Xhamster.
Tom_MartinIcon...14-09-2012 @ 11:06 
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
martinb said:Bored

x2 what else am i supposed to be doing till 5pm...
JoniIcon...14-09-2012 @ 11:06 
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Tom_Martin said:
Well go on, which particular serious opinions of mine are disappointing so we can be clear? The only one I said in seriousness was that I felt these type of people were holding women back, which I stand by regardless of whether male validation is necessary or not, it's an opinion not based on me being male, and is no less valid because I am male.
And anyway, what exactly is it they want, if it doesn't matter what men think? They want equality in society? Men are half of it, they can't have equality all on their own.

maybe good to think why does it get you so upset that you feel the need to mock them online (ok, among pretty safe audience of SB users who can then laugh at your jokes about it).

the original feminists wanting voting rights, or rights for ownership or reproductive rights or criminalising rape or other basic s**t got mocked and laughed at, and irritated and angered many people of their time, some women too. Today the issues are still the same in many countries, and a bit more advanced in others, but important nevertheless.

But hey, these are easy targets, because they are people actually trying to do something or putting themselves on the line like that. I guess they get mocked in other circles too. Kind of like schoolyard bully goes for the easy targets, the different kid or what ever, who they can pick on in front of everyone else. Not a good quality in a person, thats the disappointment.
macrothIcon...14-09-2012 @ 11:07 
no longer the Swiss Deadlift record holder
Member 3517, 3368 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 122.5, DL 255
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
VanillaGorilla said:Oh I love isms. As so often is the case, the blind persuit of equality often goes too far.

Oh I don't agree with racism so I'm only going to give jobs to asian people.

Oh agism is so bad I shall deny the younger generation rights in favour of older people.

Sexism is awful so I'm going to punch women in the face just as hard as I would punch men.

Feminism is like well groovy, but rather than striving for equality lets make a load of blanket statements that women are somehow better than men and dont need them or want them, wooh girl power but not equal amounts of man power thanks. Equality is fine as long as we're more equal than them.

Ism? Isms are bad. Especially extremism.

Looks like a strawman parade to me. Who actually does/thinks that on any noticeable scale? Confused

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions