Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsAn old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds

An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds

Users viewing topic: & 4 Guests

For men of our *presence*, the rubber tiles are inadequate support for the scales. Try them on the metal base of the wooden-platformed squat rack.
Rick said:For men of our *presence*, the rubber tiles are inadequate support for the scales. Try them on the metal base of the wooden-platformed squat rack.

I'll give that a go, and will report back
Post Edited: 17.03.2018 @ 07:58 AM by Fatpete
I said:
I'll give that a go, and will report back

Actual weight = 138 kilos

Scales on rubber matting = 122 kilos

Scales of metal plate on same matting = 132 kilos

Scales on hard stone or wooden floor = 138 kilos

So there we have it, in future I either weigh myself at home or in the other room at the club, the room with rubber matting will tell me only nonsense.
Friday, 16th March, start 16:00

Arrived to find Ian Mac hard at it, spotted him on his top sets for bench and then started myself

Tbar row
20 x 10
20 x 10
30 x 10
40 x 10
50 x 10
60 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10

We had received messages that a new chap was to arrive around four, he turned up as I had finished the tbars and so we went in the other room to put him though his paces, he wasn't half bad and a very good pupil, but it meant that I didn't actually do anything other than coach him, and when he left I couldn't be arsed to start again. Once I can afford to do this, but if he returns next week I shall have to ensure that it doesn't happen again
Post Edited: 17.03.2018 @ 17:09 PM by Fatpete
Saturday, 17th March, start 15:00

I had intended to train at 12:30 but first I wanted to go to the trafford centre to instigate phase one of the watch buying process, more of that later, suffice it to say that the best laid plans want astray and I didn't get to the gym until three.

So

Tbar shrug
60 x 8
70 x 8
80 x 8
80 x 8
80 x 8

Pulldown to chest, wide grip
50 x 8
55 x 8
60 x 8
65 x 8
70 x 8
70 x 8
70 x 8

Bench, very raw
20 x 15
20 x 15
20 x 15
40 x 5
50 x 5
60 x 5
70 x 5
80 x 5
all paused now
90 x 2
90 x 2
90 x 2

A little bit clipped off each but I am proud of me that I actually did them, there was some drama over the watch and it is bitterly cold and I was sorely tempted to serve the whole thing, but I resisted that temptation and I am pleased that I did
Post Edited: 17.03.2018 @ 20:50 PM by Fatpete
On driving to the Trafford centre to begin the watch buying process this morning, I realized that two weeks ago when the gentleman was demonstrating its many feature and functions I had been wearing my reading glasses, so the first item on the agenda was to ensure I could see it well enough without them.

It turns out I couldn't. Now only a crazy person would spend such a large amount on something that looked like it was being viewed through a bathroom window. With a heavy heart, it was dismissed.

Of the ones I could see, many were mechanical which I didn't want. And many others had chronographs which I could not see, then it was remembered that there was a new kid on the block that appeared to fit the bill, it is the Colt Skyracer. It is superquartz, it has no complications other than the date and it is both bold and plain, and I can see the f**king thing. I liked it a lot.

The chap I saw two weeks back was supposed to send me an e-mail with the part exchange price on it, he never did so they could not look it up. Therefore the lady who served me today had no option but to work it all out again, this time, happily it came to thirty quid more than last time.

I would assume that as the watch is between seven and eight years old, he entered its age as eight and she as seven, but I am guessing at that.

Now the bad news.

As I was part-exing my old watch they like to know that it is actually mine to sell and that I am who I say I am. Did I have any photo ID ? I didn't, my passport is several years out of date and my driving licence is an old paper one sans photo. Did I then have a bank statement or a utility bill ? Something with my name and address on it ? No, I replied, many bills are by email now so I read and delete and bank statements are paper but they are checked and then shredded. I do have a council tax bill though. Of course I didn't have it with me. The reason being that all this information would have been in the email that never got sent.

We appeared to be at an impasse. I tapped the business card of the gentleman who I saw a fortnight back, and I spoke, hopefully in a tone that carried sincerity and conviction. "Let us not forget that we are only in this predicament because the imbecilic cretin who gave me this card failed to do his job properly, because a man you employ could not be bothered to send one email we are were we are. Please reflect on that before advising me to come back yet again on a different day"

It seemed to focus their minds and they let me have the watch. I wear it as I type and as I have my reading glasses on I can see it in all its pin sharp beauty. It was also about a third of the price of the other one. Gentle reader - Fat Pete is happy, very much so.
I want a watch. I really liked my old watch. Someone swiped it. Can't you critique this one for me if you get time?
Casio Triple Sensor Solar Pathfinder Digital Mens Watch
Post Edited: 17.03.2018 @ 21:25 PM by Rick
For what it's worth (nothing, because it's not my watch), I like that a great deal more than the one you had planned on.

Hopefully the weather will not f**k us over too badly tomorrow...
Billytheold said:I want a watch. I really liked my old watch. Someone swiped it. Can't you critique this one for me if you get time?
Casio Triple Sensor Solar Pathfinder Digital Mens Watch

Firstly it's not my cup of tea but there is a lot to like about that. Solar power is good to have, compass and barometer I would probably never need nor use. But the altimeter ? Now there is a thing. I often wonder how accurate the altimeter would be, I believe that they work off pressure but height above sea level is not the only thing that can affect that. Assuming that were accurate I could see me using that function a lot, but then I am a demon for numbers. It also seems quite easy to use. Plus I imagine that as Casio are behind the g-shock range it will be as robust as it needs to be.

I wouldn't try to talk you out of a watch like that
Rick said:For what it's worth (nothing, because it's not my watch), I like that a great deal more than the one you had planned on.

Your opinion is always of interest me Rickster. We do not always agree but I am always interested.
Rick said:
Hopefully the weather will not f**k us over too badly tomorrow...

The weather f**ked us rather badly. I was up early and went onto facebook just to check all was well, there was a rather urgent message there from one of the refs to say that they were snowed in and the roads were impassable, no-one unfortunately was able to step into the breach at such short notice, so we had to pull the plug. It must be very annoying for people who have arrived without difficulty to suddenly discover that not all could make it. We cannot control the weather, s**t happens.

As I did all my training yesterday, I have the heating on, A couch to lie on and a series of "Endeavour" on a disc drive. I have known worse days
Fatpete said:Friday, 16th March, start 16:00

We had received messages that a new chap was to arrive around four, he turned up as I had finished the tbars and so we went in the other room to put him though his paces, he wasn't half bad and a very good pupil, but it meant that I didn't actually do anything other than coach him, and when he left I couldn't be arsed to start again. Once I can afford to do this, but if he returns next week I shall have to ensure that it doesn't happen again

Welcome to my world Pete
Wigan said:
Welcome to my world Pete

The scales have fallen from my eyes on this one Jeff, a further problem is that he can only do Fridays, which is my day in the other room. Ah well, where there is a will there is a way (usually)
The alternative, Pete, is to wait until he's finished to start and then train with me. I'm largely in the wooden room on Fridays.
Rick said:The alternative, Pete, is to wait until he's finished to start and then train with me. I'm largely in the wooden room on Fridays.

Good thinking.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsAn old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds
Return to top View Desktop Site