Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsAMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg.

AMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Very impressive progress. I'd love to have a coach! Sadly, I'm the strongest person in my gym (!) in the middle of nowhere in China. How's your book coming along?
AMH_Power
Nimble said:Very impressive progress. I'd love to have a coach! Sadly, I'm the strongest person in my gym (!) in the middle of nowhere in China. How's your book coming along?

Really really good mate. Got 2 more chapters and some studies to attach before I revise it. Cheers
deleted2_20210523
deleted
AMH_Power
kirkynick said:
That's outstanding work!
I want them gains Tongue

They will come mate... stick to the plan!
Last update April lol. Stop being lazy!!
AMH_Power
Not updated this in some time, although I assure you my training has been very fruitful.
I have posted my peaking routing on the training and videos thread here:

http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/forum/Peaking-24046

With my exact plan.
I will be posting the odd session here to display my progress.

Here is the last set of squats from tonights session (Tuesday, week 2):

6x2x210kg; expressing power.

deleted2_20210523
deleted
AMH_Power
kirkynick said:That speed.

What's that? About 75%?

I tried the mid-bar position, and at first I hated it, but I seem to have found the right spot and it's done away with the knee pains I was getting.

I don't know what it is as a %, it's my peak power output (measured manually with a tape measure and timer!), heavier than this and my Wattage drops off greatly as force continues to increase slowly and linear.

Power is more important than force, as greater power means the weight at where the force will no longer move the bar will be higher. The faster I can shift this, the greater the end result. CBP alone has contributed to this, not really normal squatted at all to be honest, so once the practice comes back I intend on getting 240-250 at a similar speed. The beauty is, I can grind now following s**t loads of start strength work (box squats and rack squats). I have learnt to deal with bar slowing down or even almost completely stopping!
Wow. Fast. You drop into it so fast too. Is there a specific reason for this? Maybe it fatigues you less as you're not lowering/supporting the weight, but getting to the bottom position without loading your legs at all?
AMH_Power
PeteHodgson said:Wow. Fast. You drop into it so fast too. Is there a specific reason for this? Maybe it fatigues you less as you're not lowering/supporting the weight, but getting to the bottom position without loading your legs at all?

There is a couple of safety mechanism built in to humans:

Golgi tendon organ (or golgi reflex), which is wove into the tendon insertions and serves as a feedback loop to detect excessive tension and send a dampen signal to weaken the contraction...its to stop you literally breaking your own bones and ripping yourself apart. However, that's for another day...

The other protective mechanism is called muscle spindles. Where GTO detects the tension, spindles detect the rate of change and fire of the antagonists to protect yourself...
Example, jab your arm out in front...the tricep extends your arm fast, spindles detect this change and fire the antagonist (bicep) to prevent damage.

The beauty of spindles; they are involuntary and provide a far greater contraction strength than a voluntary contraction.

Spindle activity is inversely proportional to GTO. When you start training spindle (or 'amortization') the human body dampens the GTO so spindles have less contest.

Further to this, using this style of training thickens the tendons; which further dilute the GTO effect. Thicker tendons further feed in to how much you ballistic you can train.

I can only speculate that forces involved at the point of incidence/impact are pretty large, so great gains come at risk. However, CBP and the supramaximal loading prepares for this (did CBP since late jan) and after comp I will have a full 2 week remedial break...only recovery methods and mental relaxation will be used prior to re starting cbp and focusing new weakness
AMH_Power
Todays session, board press 3x5x160kg, silly easy, but needs to be faster, much much faster.
Some close grip bench for higher reps to contribute to the work and build up a slightly greater tolerance in my pecs; after lifting heavy they fail to do anything of greatness for considerable time.
Lateral work to finish
AMH_Power said:Todays session, board press 3x5x160kg, silly easy, but needs to be faster, much much faster.
Some close grip bench for higher reps to contribute to the work and build up a slightly greater tolerance in my pecs; after lifting heavy they fail to do anything of greatness for considerable time.
Lateral work to finish

Seems a really low weight for someone who has done 225kg.
Great to see you back updating your journal mate, seriously impressive stuff as always. I did board pressing today on my accessory day..not done in years, feels like a weakness so looking forwards to making it a strength! Loving CBP!
AMH_Power
Post Edited: 28.08.2015 @ 16:22 PM by AMH_Power
aaron_lohan said:
Seems a really low weight for someone who has done 225kg.

I bench twice a week, and have a harder day and harder week...as it is, this is the easy day of the easy week. That said; I've never achieved a triple with 185 but could do 30 singles with it in a session no problem.
If I bench 200+ I can't achieve it again within 3 weeks... Tolerance is low, which is great

Edit. And my start strength is pants!
AMH_Power
Oxman said:Great to see you back updating your journal mate, seriously impressive stuff as always. I did board pressing today on my accessory day..not done in years, feels like a weakness so looking forwards to making it a strength! Loving CBP!

You are flying at the min. Be good to see your end numbers!

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsAMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg.
Return to top View Desktop Site