Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsAMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg.

AMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Looking forward to seeing how your programming works mate!

Super strong!

Good luck.
AMH_Power
n3ver3nder said:The front squats, for example, are so far behind my back squat that it serves more as technique reinforcement than anything else. The extra back work is to address push/press balance and my mongy shoulders.
I've always trained squat/press/pull in every session, its not a new stimulus I'll need to adapt to.

Cool, all the best with it mate. Hope you get the gains you are looking for, be sure to keep us updated.
AMH_Power
AndyCoupe said:Looking forward to seeing how your programming works mate!

Super strong!

Good luck.

Thanks Andy!
AMH_Power said:
Cool, all the best with it mate. Hope you get the gains you are looking for, be sure to keep us updated.

I'll keep you updated on how thick, solid and tight I can get Wink.
Post Edited: 17.04.2014 @ 09:56 AM by n3ver3nder
Double post. Stupid phone.
Good luck with this mate it will be interesting to follow.

Have you started a different build up to the one you posted up recently? ie. 5x5s to begin?
AMH_Power
youngy said:Good luck with this mate it will be interesting to follow.

Have you started a different build up to the one you posted up recently? ie. 5x5s to begin?

I'm doing something very similar but without fixed reps or sets, I'm doing a form of auto regulation with very similar principles as the other routine.

I will have my second squat and bench day tomorrow/Saturday @ 80% of my target.

However, as you pointed out, my first day is slightly different....instead of cycling through predetermined sets and reps, I have a specific weight I need to hit.

Right now, I will achieve the weight in 5x5, but when the weight climbs over a few weeks I will inevitably fail doing 5's, so the following week I will keep the failed weight but now do 4x4, which in effect is an auto deload following a session I failed (inducing overrreach).

I'll continue this pattern until I'm about 14 week I'll be eventually failing 2x2 which will then have me progressing a heavy single every week. If there is no meet and the goal gate can be flexible, this is superior to any method as it's allowing you to squeeze every ounce of gains from each rep range, while inducing overreach with perfectly timed deloads as governed by your bodies needs.

The routine can be tweaked for a meet, but you might need to do some bridging between 5x5 and 4x4 with 5x4 for example to lengthen the routine or auto increment the weight if it's dragging on longer than expected. You'd obviously use the numbers you want to hit in comp and climb back 5kg every week up until today (or 2.5kg if it's over 6 month away).

You'll do light assistane on the muscle that last failed to achieve the given reps.
deleted2_20210523
deleted
AMH_Power
kirkynick said:
I've always felt long distance running is overrated, even for sports like boxing / MMA.
You only warm up with 4 reps over 3 sets. Do you do other warming upsd before that i.e. dynamic stretching etc?

I hot shower before the gym and do mobility there, saves time and effort, and also acts as wake up slap, even on an evening.
Really looking forward to lurking in here. Good stuff going on already.
dave_rogerson
Looking forward to this. Will be following along most definitely.
AMH_Power said:Hi all.

Finally sorted my s**t out, and decided it's time to start a log.

Current lifts:
Bench: 200ish
Squat: 260ish
Deadlift: 270ish

Goals:
Bench: 220
Squat: 280
Deadlift: 300

Well, straight in to it...

Today I woke up with flu, so feel like I've been run over, but this was the first session of my 4 month block:

ATG high Bar squat:
3 x bar
1 x 70kg
1 x 110kg
1 x 150kg
5 x 190kg
5 x 190kg
5 x 190kg
5 x 190kg
5 x 190kg

Ham stretches, then that was it. Felt easy but like I was made of sandbags due to stupid illness. I will summarize my log at the end of each month so the structure can be seen easier, including some vids of my better lifts.

Cheers,

Aaron

Apologies if I've missed it, but what are your goals for the end of the 4 month block? Is it the 280/220/300? Or is that more long term?
AMH_Power
rich_86 said:
Apologies if I've missed it, but what are your goals for the end of the 4 month block? Is it the 280/220/300? Or is that more long term?

hi mate, thats my 12-18 month goal, I'm hoping each 4 month block will give me 5-10kg per lift increase, i'm making small jumps to make them more realistic in the long run.

Cheers
Aaron, what exercises have you found most effective to keep the sciatica at bay?
AMH_Power said:
hi mate, thats my 12-18 month goal, I'm hoping each 4 month block will give me 5-10kg per lift increase, i'm making small jumps to make them more realistic in the long run.
Cheers

Ah right. Good luck, will be following your log.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsAMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg.
Return to top View Desktop Site