Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitRicks Film Review Thread

Ricks Film Review Thread

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Rick said:
it's not my *favourite* - that'd be Deadpool.

I heart Dr Rick x
little_a said:
Rick said:
it's not my *favourite* - that'd be Deadpool.

I heart Dr Rick x

"All the dinosaurs feared the T-rex"

...f**king pisserWinkGrin
John
Rick said:
Good grief. Really? One of the worst films I've seen in some time, I'm afraid.
"A Monster Calls" is extremely good, though maybe too hard for most pre-secondary-aged kids - it's brutal and brilliant. Film of 2016 for me, by a country mile, is Arrival, though it's not my *favourite* - that'd be Deadpool.

Well to be fair I didn't see many mid age male watching by themselves lol but I have 2 boys aged 11 and 13 so it was good for them. I could let them watch deadpool :/
John
unit94 said:
I enjoyed Bridge of Spies but it did seem a little bland compared to what it could have been with that premise.

That I definitely on my to watch list along with live by night, and Argo anyone seen the accountant I'd give that a 3.
I liked The Accountant much more than most people. There's a fair bit wrong with it but I thoroughly enjoyed it and would like to see a sequel (unlikely; it didn't do great commercially or critically).
I really liked the accountant, obviously very contrived but I really like the whole "super genius who's amazing at everything" character, it's why I like suits so much. It definitely doesn't show that I have an ego complex Tongue
billynomates
I enjoyed the Accountant, and enjoy (recent) Ben Affleck films immensely. Now I see he has a new one out called 'Live by Night', which looks like it might be worth a gander.
I've just done my 2016 roundup on Twitter, so while I'm in the mood...

I saw 114 films at the cinema last year, a few more than once, all but a couple with my Unlimited membership, making my actual cost per visit rather less than £2. This is three fewer than last year, the same as 2013, and generally about average.

Great year for kids' stuff. Honourable mentions to The Jungle Book and Zootroopolis. Winner: Kubo And The Two Strings.

Meh yeah for comedies. Honourable mentions to Bad Moms, Hail Caesar, and Ghostbusters. Winner: Popstar: Keep On Keeping On.

I don't watch much horror any more. Mentions: The Witch and Green Room, both excellent. Winner: The Girl With All The Gifts, a genuine and haunting FOTY candidate.

Honourable overall mentions to High Rise, Girl With All The GIfts (again), Spotlight, Room, The Big Short, and Everybody Wants Some.

My favourites: Civil War deserves a mention, but Deadpool was more fun than anything in ages.

And the big one: Arrival. The best film of the decade so far, for me.
luki
I watched Killer Joe over Xmas. Good film about an insurance scam/assignation gone wrong.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople was also good.

Both had small plots with epic dialogue.
John
Jack reacher never go back,was my film of choice today. The second instalment of Jack reacher films I think .
thought it was ok probably 2.5 power bellies. Enough action scenes to keep my attention,story was ok but imo not as good as the first.
John
Just seen Arrival with Amy Adams and that bloke from Bourne legacy and the avengers.
I thought it a good film especially if you liked into Stella Happy I'd give it 4.5 out of 5 .
billynomates
I'm not sure how to feel about the new trainspotting film. I want to embrace it but the cynic in me yells "nostalgia cash-in". I hope it is good.

There are too many re-makes and crappy sequels these days.
scruffmcbuff
billynomates said:I'm not sure how to feel about the new trainspotting film. I want to embrace it but the cynic in me yells "nostalgia cash-in". I hope it is good.

My thoughts exactly. I hope its good.
Guranteed footfall thats for sure.

I watched a film with Tom Hardy in, He was a german officer of some kind. Im a massive fan of Tom Hardy which is why i was so suprised this film was s**t.
dannyboy73
avoid it like an infected needle mate Wink

billynomates said:I'm not sure how to feel about the new trainspotting film. I want to embrace it but the cynic in me yells "nostalgia cash-in". I hope it is good.

dannyboy73
avoid it like an infected needle mate Wink

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitRicks Film Review Thread
Return to top View Desktop Site