Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumStevenFatty → View All Posts

View All Posts: StevenFatty

» Steven Fatty's Journal of getting less weak using Marmite. (Go to post)23-05-2016 @ 12:03 
samue1son said:
You might need vegemite to clear yourself out at this rate.
That, plus a grilled pike.

I've never tried Vegemite. I have heard it is inferior to Marmite. I've never eaten a pike either. Its illegal, and in my line of work I can't risk breaking fishery rules. I'd eat one if I was allowed.
» Steven Fatty's Journal of getting less weak using Marmite. (Go to post)22-05-2016 @ 21:12 
Stag do

Lager X 10

Whisky X 1

Kebab X 1

General feeling of malaise X 100
» Steven Fatty's Journal of getting less weak using Marmite. (Go to post)21-05-2016 @ 14:16 
I fish most Sundays, I go with my Dad. I like to fish natural waters. I do quite a bit of pike fishing, I think they are lovely fish.

That was a nice ray in the video. I would love to fish for those, but I have never tried it. I keep meaning to give ray fishing a go, but I don't have the proper gear for it.

290 was about my maximum, I never achieved 300. As things stand at the moment, I'd be happy with 200. I think I should be pulling 200 this year.
» Steven Fatty's Journal of getting less weak using Marmite. (Go to post)21-05-2016 @ 10:52 
Post Edited: 21.05.2016 @ 12:40 PM by StevenFatty
Thanks,

I never used to struggle with deadlifts. I'm only 32, but this lifting game seems so much harder than when I was 24.

I run Marmite at a teaspoon per evening, alongside one teaspoon of sauerkraut in the morning. You have to use both to get the best effect.
» Milk and fruit in the stomach simultaneously (Go to post)20-05-2016 @ 22:08 
If you curdle the milk and fruit in a glass, when you drink it, it uncurdles in your stomach.
» ksohhjjkk (Go to post)20-05-2016 @ 12:17 
Post Edited: 20.05.2016 @ 12:18 PM by StevenFatty
Duplicate post
» ksohhjjkk (Go to post)20-05-2016 @ 12:17 
Do you have to be a nut to lift heavy weights? I have been questioning my sanity as of late. I've tried to come up with complicated philosophies to excuse myself for trying to lift heavy bits of metal. But if I'm honest with myself, I think the truth is I am as mad as a box of frogs.
» Steven Fatty's Journal of getting less weak using Marmite. (Go to post)19-05-2016 @ 22:26 
I enjoyed it on the squats, it felt like some good quality conditioning work, got my heart pumping. But on the deadlift..I could feel my form falling apart...I struggle with high reps. I'll save the deads for next week.
» Steven Fatty's Journal of getting less weak using Marmite. (Go to post)19-05-2016 @ 22:15 
Deadlifts Day Trained in Wigan today.

Warm up sets

60 X 5
80 X 5
95 X 3

Working sets

110 X 3 (double overhand grip)
127.5 X 3
142.5 X 5 (amrap set) (mixed grip)

Could have done more, but as I plan to do some heavyish singles next week, I decided not to.

Assistance sets - deadlifts, performed as fast as I can.

70 X 10
70 X 10

Was supposed to do 5 sets of 10 but I think it was likely to do more harm than good.

Seated leg curls 3 or 4 sets (I cant remember)

Crunches - 4 sets.

1 set of 20 back extensions.

Although I only started lifting again about 3 months ago, I'm not entirely happy with my deadlifts. 5 years ago, 140 kg would have been nothing at all, and I can't ever recall that amount of weight feeling heavy. I think its going to take me a while to get to 200 kg.

Need to eat more Marmite.
» Steven Fatty's Journal of getting less weak using Marmite. (Go to post)18-05-2016 @ 22:24 
Post Edited: 19.05.2016 @ 22:18 PM by StevenFatty
Overhead Press (strict press)

Warm up

17.5 X 5
22.5 X 5
27.5 X 3

Working sets

32.5 X 3
35 X 3
40 X 6 (AMRAP set)

50 X 3

52.5 X 2

'Assistance sets'

I used the log press, because I enjoy it so much.... 3 sets of 10, using empty log, first 5 of each set lifted from floor, the rest pressed only.

Overhead press - 2 sets of 10 at 25 kg.

Chins ups 5 sets of 10.

Walked home (about 2 miles) to create the illusion of conditioning work.

I am not sure about all these assistance sets, they seem excessively hypertrophic. I will see how it goes.

I may eventually ditch the the overhead press day and replace it with a second bench day, and just do some strict presses after the benching as an assistance. But I will keep it for now as my shoulders are pathetically weak.
» Smelling salts. (Go to post)18-05-2016 @ 22:10 
Thanks for all the information.

I only use it occasionally, if I really need the boost.

I'm either going to get the ampoules, so they keep the freshness, or just get some more nose tork. I think the ampoules work out at more or less the same price.
» Smelling salts. (Go to post)18-05-2016 @ 13:33 
I'm after some smelling salts. I used to use nose tork back when I was a wipper snapper. It was good stuff but it lost its potency quickly. Is that Mackenzies stuff any good, or is it too weak? Bizarrely, you can buy it 'used' from Amazon.

Steve
» Get lean, increase PB's and try not to seriously injure myself (Go to post)17-05-2016 @ 23:04 
Yes mate, I saw your video.

When I started training back when I was twenty, I had the same issues, my squat looked exactly like yours. I then got some decent coaching from a powerlifting friend, and my squat form was fixed in the space of one workout. Before that, I believed I'd never be able to squat.

Nowadays, my technique has probably deteriorated, my mobility is not what it used to be thanks to the hammering I've given my body. I find it hard to brace on the squat, that's why I wear a belt, it helps me to maintain that abdominal pressure under ''heavy'' loads. One false move, and my lower back will play hell with me, but that abdominal pressure really helps keep my core tight.

I'm sure you'l get that 5 X 5 @ 100 bench press in no time, and I'm sure you will get way beyond that with more time.
» Get lean, increase PB's and try not to seriously injure myself (Go to post)17-05-2016 @ 22:02 
Post Edited: 17.05.2016 @ 22:03 PM by StevenFatty
I think you should have 5 X 5 at 100 in you. You did 127 x 7. Once you've got your form sorted, you should nail them. Or do you mean your bench?

I found with squats, as soon as I started implementing the basic cues for a solid squat, everything fell into place and my form more or less sorted itself out. As long at I'm bracing hard in my abdomen, pulling down on the bar, keeping my knees out, it works out ok.
» Steven Fatty's Journal of getting less weak using Marmite. (Go to post)17-05-2016 @ 15:35 
Thanks Tony Bonner. I expect my lifts to increase quite a bit over the next few months.

I also like sauerkraut, and I make my own in jars using an air lock. It's damn good stuff. I find that vegetables in general are an underrated source of power. The more I lift, the more cabbage, broad beans, and brussels sprouts I need to consume, so I grow my own to maintain my supplies...you never know when there will be a shortage of brussels sprouts.

You are here: HomeForumStevenFatty → View All Posts
Return to top View Desktop Site