REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 104 guests
You are here: HomeForumStevenFatty → View All Posts

View All Posts: StevenFatty

12345678910 ... ... 1718192021222324252627

» Passive 'vaping' (Go to post)25-05-2016 @ 15:14 
aaron_lohan said:
serotonin is too big to pass the blood brain barrier so it cant be absorbed into the brain through oral nasal intramuscular or intravenously. this is why antidepressants arent made from it.

Thank you. I have amended my views and I no longer believe in Chem-trails.
» Get lean, increase PB's and try not to seriously injure myself (Go to post)25-05-2016 @ 14:23 
Post Edited: 25.05.2016 @ 14:23 PM by StevenFatty
P.s....I've just looked at your squat video again. You are looking upwards as you squat...this is going to mess up your form big time.

You need a fixed focal point, somewhere in front of you, low down, but not so low down that it dumps you forward.

Remember to breath in hard into your stomach..pull down on the bar as if your are trying to bend it in half...don't push it. Push your feet outwards against the floor as you squat..that'l help keep your knees out.

Sorry to badger you with advice...but I can see your squat form is easily fixable, and I know how frustrating form problems are.
» Get lean, increase PB's and try not to seriously injure myself (Go to post)25-05-2016 @ 14:09 
Yeah, form breaking down on high reps is a problem for me as well - especially on deads. I wish you all the best with improving your form.
» Get lean, increase PB's and try not to seriously injure myself (Go to post)24-05-2016 @ 22:55 
Congratulations on your new baby.

Even if you train just twice a week, you can make some gains, you just need to change things round a bit. You could switch to a 20 rep squat and 20 rep dead lift routine. You will grow big and gain strength as well. You are already doing some nice deadlifting for reps, deadlifting for reps kills me.
» I can't stop until the end. (Go to post)24-05-2016 @ 22:37 
Old or not, you are very strong.
» Steven Fatty's Journal of getting less weak using Marmite. (Go to post)24-05-2016 @ 22:12 
Post Edited: 24.05.2016 @ 22:13 PM by StevenFatty
Squats - trained in the social utopia that is Wigan

Warm up movements and sets. Couldn't warm up my lower back on the back extension because it was occupied by a female.

Working sets (felt more like warm ups):

92.5 X 3
107.5 X 3
120 X 4 ....this was the Amrap set and I was supposed to do more, but a foolish rapscallion began lunging about directly in front of me, ruined my line of focus and the bar began to dump forward. He was consequently reprimanded.

Additional sets

130 X 3
130 X 3 (this last set was the easiest of the lot).

Dammed stupid squat racks are a pile of rubbish, far too wide...it makes stepping back quite dangerous because the plates get caught on the edges.

Assistance sets

Five sets of 65 X 10, with very little rest between sets.
The first 4 performed focusing on speed, the last set performed slowly with a pause at the bottom.

This assistance squats took it out of me, after the last set I went down onto my hands and knees, where I stayed for a few minutes, swearing profusely in a most ungentlemanly fashion.
» ksohhjjkk (Go to post)24-05-2016 @ 12:16 
I also find semi sumo stronger, probably because I find it easier to break the floor than with a wider stance. I choose to pull flaccid.
» Steven Fatty's Journal of getting less weak using Marmite. (Go to post)24-05-2016 @ 12:09 
Hello Jack Revans,

Nor have I tried salmon with Marmite. But I am going to try it today. I think it may actually taste rather splendid. Your preference of Bovril reminds me of when I used to drink bovril from mugs with my Grandad. He said it puts hairs on your chest.

I am Lancashire born and bred, my mother is from East Lancashire, but I'm from the Ormskirk area, which is a bit closer to Liverpool than it is to Manchester. I consider myself to be some form of hybrid. I once ceased to reside in the North West, but lifes twists relocated me to my place of natural origin. I hope to once more escape.

May Bovril strengthen your bones and sharpen your nails.

Steve
» Steven Fatty's Journal of getting less weak using Marmite. (Go to post)23-05-2016 @ 23:01 
Thanks, mate. 100 shouldn't be far off. As far as benching goes, I'm still clearly getting beginners gains. 4 weeks ago I could only bench 50.

Pike aren't game fish, so the rules are quite different from salmon, trout etc. Even if the water isn't a club water, it still falls under the jurisdiction of the environmental agency. In reality, there are few unmanaged freshwaters here in the UK. Until recently, it was legal to remove zander on some waters, but as of last year, that is also now illegal...if not for all waters, then some of them.

I've known people to eat pike, and I've been told they taste quite good.

I am from the North West mate.
» ksohhjjkk (Go to post)23-05-2016 @ 21:50 
Nice strong sumo. Why the semi-wide stance?... not that there is anything wrong with it. Was that double overhand or hook grip?
» Steven Fatty's Journal of getting less weak using Marmite. (Go to post)23-05-2016 @ 21:41 
Bench Day

Warm up movements and 3 warm up sets.

Working Sets:

60 X 3
70 X 3
77.5 X 5 (Amrap) ...could easily have done more but didn't want to max out.

80 X 3
85 X 3
85 X 5...probably should have left it at 4, because I was one rep away from failure. Doesn't matter much.

Assistance sets:

3 sets of 42.5 X 10, working on speed.
2 sets of 45 X 10, performed very slowly.

Barbell rows

3 sets of 60 X 10
2 sets of 65 X 10

Then walked the long way home..approx 3.5 - 4 miles. Saw a pheasant in a tree. Saw some chemtrails.

My benching is obviously very weak, but I've only been benching for about 4 weeks because of shoulder impingement, so I suppose I should be happy with what I can do.

Ate loads of lasagne.
» Passive 'vaping' (Go to post)23-05-2016 @ 15:11 
Chemtrails are real. The governments spray serotonin so to make the general population happier and less likely to become problematic.

There are down sides; it helped lead to the recession. Because people felt happier, they worked less hard and so economic productivity declined. People also made more risky housing purchasing choices, which is what finally brought down the economy.
» Passive 'vaping' (Go to post)23-05-2016 @ 15:11 
Post Edited: 23.05.2016 @ 15:12 PM by StevenFatty
Duplicate
» Passive 'vaping' (Go to post)23-05-2016 @ 12:24 
I once got into snorting tobacco powder. Its good fun at first, and the strong stuff really hits you. But then your quality of life deteriorates.

I've also tried chewing tobacco. It's good, but the strong stuff can make you want to spew up.
» Steven Fatty's Journal of getting less weak using Marmite. (Go to post)23-05-2016 @ 12:08 
Post Edited: 23.05.2016 @ 12:08 PM by StevenFatty
Billytheold said:Keep up the good work. If your going to get serious, I see you are taking your time. This is smart. You can't cut a tree down with one chop. You will end up hurting yourself. TEQUILA is my poison.

Thanks. I've never done this 5/3/1 routine before. I think it's OK as a routine, but I don't think it's the best when you have powerlifting goals in mind. I feel as though the volume is quite low, and the frequency of the lifts is only once a week. But I'm not entirely injury free, I'm still a bit worn and torn from my previous lifting days. So, taking it slow is probably a good idea.

12345678910 ... ... 1718192021222324252627

You are here: HomeForumStevenFatty → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions