Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTraining journal - Powerlifting

Training journal - Powerlifting

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

I managed to find a bit of time to watch the IPF worlds , and I enjoyed it !

so I am now doubling up on my efforts to lose the pork and get into reasonable physical shape and hopefully compete myself at least once this year
Eat for performance Boarski. bo***cks to pork loss.
Trying to get holiday lean has made me weak. Don't do that.
I will eat my way over the 83kg limit John, and I was 74 whilst cycling .....so befor I get strong enough to actually lose strength whilst dieting , I want to drop a nice half a stone , but I'm not going mad.

will use my SEXY scales to make sure nothing terrible happens !!
Session 1

Squat

benchPress

Military press

kettlebell clean

cleans were good with the kettlebells, but kept them short n light as its a new movement , overall was a little tired today so it was a decent session
treadmill

Post Edited: 28.06.2017 @ 15:48 PM by Boar
Session 2

Deadlift

Barbell row

kettlebell shrug

kettlebell snatch

standard session , deadlift nudging up little by little ..... anyone misguided enough to believe drugs don't play a massive part in strength sports ...I would almost certainly be doing triples with 200 about now , probably more

stay clean kids !!!
Post Edited: 28.06.2017 @ 16:56 PM by PeteHodgson
Boar said:

standard session , deadlift nudging up little by little ..... anyone misguided enough to believe drugs don't play a massive part in strength sports ...I would almost certainly be doing triples with 200 about now , probably more

stay clean kids !!!

Great stuff!

But wait, I could maybe do triples with 200 now. So if I take those drugs you mention....

:-)
you would be repping 260 and hitting 280 singles FO SHO !!

but sod all that

when I get to a 400lb squat and 500lb deadlift, they will eclipse all my other PB's
treadmill

Billwest
Boar said:you would be repping 260 and hitting 280 singles FO SHO !!

but sod all that

when I get to a 400lb squat and 500lb deadlift, they will eclipse all my other PB's

Shouldn't be too much of a problem, depends how much weight you are prepared to gain
When I was 'quite fit' over the winter , I was about 74kg ....im not a tubby'ish' 82kg .... I'm not looking to go over the 83kg limit
Billwest
Boar said:When I was 'quite fit' over the winter , I was about 74kg ....im not a tubby'ish' 82kg .... I'm not looking to go over the 83kg limit

If you are looking to compete at 83 that gives an extra 2-3 kilos and an overnight dehydration - nothing drastic.
Post Edited: 30.06.2017 @ 11:01 AM by Boar
cheers bill , In an ideal world I will be a little over 83kg and not fat !!

at the moment I am now 80kg exactly and over 20%bf

Session 1

Squat

benchPress

double (strict) kettlebell press

had today off work so trained early....

decided to try out my total .....

May:

110/90/140 = 340kg

June:

130/100/155 = 385kg

I have been back training since april 18th , so just over 2 months ....my first session was 40kg squat and it gave me almost death like doms !!

I made a boarvision of the squat , may upload it later.
Great progress that mate.
Boar vision deffo needs to make a return

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTraining journal - Powerlifting
Return to top View Desktop Site