Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTraining journal - Powerlifting

Training journal - Powerlifting

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

dont call it a deload or Littler will be in to give you a bollocking , awesome squatting even better bollock bulge!
Post Edited: 17.07.2017 @ 15:51 PM by Boar
another not-a-deload session today ned !!

run with dog

running at its most sloth-like

Deadlift

kettlebell row

EZ curl

giving the lower back a break after that long and fairly horrible 165kg pull the other day ....
Squat

benchPress

military press

kettlebell farmers walk

well, the squats were hard (the 120 x 6 was tougher than last time) 100 x 12 was a great set

didn't do any kettlebell swings/snatches as I think I have overdone the lower back shizzle

farmers walk were lovely
Boom!
well peter , My goal of 170/105/185 = 460 for the year is not an impossibility but my squat may let me down

I have learnt that if you push to hard , things start to creak and complain !!

still, training is going well and I am enjoying it, so hurrah !
Good numbers to aim for.
Yeah, I prefer to keep quite a way off failure most of the time.
treadmill

Billwest

I have learnt that if you push to hard , things start to creak and complain !!

still, training is going well and I am enjoying it, so hurrah !

Don't worry, it gets even worse when things start to creak and complain when you are not pushing hard. Still, enjoying it and surviving are two noble aims
Some nice sessions Mr Boar, that's a fair amount of reps on the deadlifts and squats.
Takes some doing that, especially the deadlifts I find, 3's are ok, but for some reason 5's are absolutely bloody awful. Amazing the difference 2 extra reps make, that said on one of my more idiotic sessions I did 3 x 5 with the top weight, seemed a great idea beforehand Grin
back is groaning a little bit again !! nothing that makes me panic but I am sticking with standard 3's on the deads !

Deadlift

Bent over row

farmers walk

ez curl

left out the kettlebell snatches but the session overall was fine , some lovely iron maiden to listen to !!

#poon
iron maiden were a great band went to see then in 1987 or 88 brilliant live!
we're a couple of old t**ts moaning about our glass backs!Grin
My wife believes I am in the throws of a mid life crisis - I am going iron maiden crazy , pity they just performed in Manchester earlier this year , might be too late now !

as per usual , I went a little crazy on the single reps .... even at 'our age' ...we never learn !
you need a motorbike !
Dudes!!
We're in our 40's. We're not dead yet.
We are super awesome compared to your average 40 year old. I tend to think that these days I'm aiming to maintain rather than regress, however I'm still getting slowly stronger (for my body weight) and in better shape. Can't complain. If it wasn't for my dodgy ankle I'd be flying.
Boar, your legs are bigger than 99% of the population so you can't complain either.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTraining journal - Powerlifting
Return to top View Desktop Site